Thursday, December 25, 2008

You Shall NOT PASS!



This exact scene is happening in my Kidney and Urinary tract right now.

The stone is still there, frolicking around, knocking me out for about 30-40 minutes every 4 hours or so. today has been better, but YESTERDAY was a nightmare. I had to excuse myself from Alicia's family's dinner to go upstairs on their sofa and shiver and teeth-chatter in utter misery. I fell sound asleep, then woke up feeling fine, came down for them to open presents, then we were off to Bob's house to exchange presents there. On the way in the car, I was hit with round 2, and I was down for the F'ing count. I seriously thought I was going to pass out in the car, and by the time we arrived at the house I was delusional and frantic, and I walked straight in, and straight upstairs immediately and fell asleep there for about a half hour or so. Again, I woke up feeling fine, and I came downstairs for presents and holiday merriment. Coming home I was rough, and I just collapsed in bed and fell sound asleep. Got a good night's sleep, and this am we got up early and went over to Grandmom Smiths, then off to Dayna's house in the evening.

6:30, and we are back in the hotel, and I am in for the night. Mild pain, but NOTHING like yesterday (yet).

Christmas presents have been fantastic though, I can't wait to share some of the new music, probably not until I return to NY though...

Tomorow we visit with Grandmom Luh in the hospital, then Mom and Amanda and Chris for early evening and dinner. All in all the pressure has been very low, and the visits have been very pleasant. With the economic downturn, we (along with most of the country, I suspect) just really all seemed to appreciate getting together, eating, drinking and being merry. ChristmasCrazyFest has been kept to a dull roar, and maybe it's just my majorly drugged up percoset outlook, but I sure do like it this year!

Merry Christmas to all. And to ME a good night (hopefully)

No comments: