Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Black Angels' Second Coming



I have waited patiently to post The Black Angels here on this blog, and for you readers, my patience has paid off in dividends! Oh sure, i could have just rushed a post of one of my favorite bands, and probably put up a few standout tracks from their first, unbelievable album "Passover." (Don't worry, i'm still going to post a few!) But now, with their release of album number 2, "Directions to See a Ghost" I am so much more in awe of them, I have a new track or two to post as well. But love them so much that I do, not only do I have these tracks for you, but I had been holding out to see if I could get you guys anything more cool or rare... And the other day I hit a jackpot! A full live show bootleg of them from Sheffield, May 20th, 2008!

These guys sound like if The Velvet Underground and The Jesus and Mary Chain had a 60s love-child who grew up and protested the religious right and the war machine. Like penut butter and chocolate, it's pretty much my ultimate combination of flavors!

Here we go, off their first album, Passover:

Download: The Black Angels: Young Men Dead

Download: The Black Angels: The First Vietnamese War

Download: The Black Angels: Bloodhounds On My Trail

And off their brand new, second album, Directions to See A Ghost:

Download: The Black Angels: You On The Run


And the prize of the day, an entire live show (in WAV format, so the file size is kind of big)

Download: The Black Angels: Live In Sheffield - May 20th, 2008

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I,also, am a fan of the black angels. So I found it
interesting to hear their music being used on the
new Fox show, Fringe on Tuesday (9-16). It was
a short blast, around 20 seconds, in a strip club
scene. Short and sweet, but still very cool.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! I love to hear when bands I love have a clip or two in a tv show (even if the clip or the show sucks, it's still good that they got some moolah!)

sorry about the late response! I've been away all week on a small vacation, but am brewing a new post or two!

:) jv