Tuesday, August 26, 2008

They're Out To Get Me!



Coming home late after a great Indian dinner at the Bombay Palace, I checked the mail on the way up to the apartment. A large envelope from a law firm loomed dark and dreary in the box. It would seem that last year's nightmare lawsuit is not only not OVER (as a nearly 12 month radio silence might have some people believe) but is proceeding full force, with the Evil Empire, er, I mean North Fork Bank (recently bought by Capital One) releasing the hounds once again on me.

The only difference between LAST YEAR and NOW is that while last year was right before my wedding (bad timing, huh?) THIS year is right when we have just recently (as in, 3 weeks ago) had to move our entire business. Actually, it's hard to believe, but I actually think THIS timing is actually far, far worse. I can't imagine how my business could continue in this point in time if judgement went against me and I owed the amount of money these chimpanzees seem to think I owe.

Alternating between tears and rage, I went out to walk Chalupa (see post #1) and set the iPod to shuffle, having NO idea what I was going to post for you guys on my (new) blog, MUCH LESS how to deal with impending financial destruction.

Shuffle saved the day. Guns and Roses. Live. 1988. The Ritz. "They're Out To Get Me" The first song out of the cannon. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't have PICKED a better song to hear at that moment. So I knew immediately I had to post.


Here's a link to hear "Out To Get Me" live from the Ritz, 1988... Take a listen, share my rage...

Download: Guns N' Roses "Out to Get Me"

Just a quick note about the show: forget the bloated corpse that GNR became by the 90's (all the marriages/divorces to supermodels, $70 million videos, playing with Elton John at the VMAs, etc) In 1988 these guys were living (squatting) in one vomit covered rat's nest room in LA, playing at night, boozing and wasted till dawn, then driving (crashing) a van on the way to the next gig. No exaggeration, these guys were the most destructive force Rock had ever seen. And this is a great gig... they are young, hungry, angry and belligerent, and the energy this gives off in their performance is still to this day unrivaled.


Here's the link to the entire show:

Download: Guns N' Roses Live at the Ritz Feb. 02, 1988

I may be in misery, but that's no reason you all shouldn't at least enjoy some rock! God knows it made MY night! F@ck Banks. Seriously. My next posting will be about Fight Club. Or from Prison. Or Both.

5 comments:

Geoff said...

Man, that sucks. I can't believe you have to put up with this nonsense when you're at a point of celebration, hitting the ground running with a new gig, etc.

Blogging is good venting! Glad to see you keeping this up with an aggressive pace, because it's good.
I knew you had it in you, but where do you find the time?

This was what my kids would say about the suit: "Dag, that's petty."

Designerd said...

Dag. that IS petty.

Your kids wouldn't take this shit from ANYone...

you'd be amazed how much extra free time you have, up all nnight worried about a major bank.

seriously though, I have been wanting to do this for sooo long, that it actually is fun for me to think durring the day about what goodie I have that I can unearth from my archives to post...

I'vve tried to post a spread of things, so that different music people find different things they might like!

thanks for the encouragement though... I was starting to think nobody was reading! ha ha ha

:) jv

Anonymous said...

中国癌症网 肺癌 肺癌 胃癌 胃癌 肝癌 肝癌 肾癌 食道癌 子宫颈癌 乳腺癌 卵巢癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 皮肤癌 甲状腺癌 胰腺癌 前列腺癌 膀胱癌 骨癌 鼻咽癌 脑瘤

Geoff said...

Looks like you might be getting spam comments--or do you know someone in Hong Kong/China/Taiwan?

It's funny how much of the last five years I've spent living moments and thinking "how will I blog about this?"

Your audience will come. I blogged for 1.5 years before I had anyone reading other than friends. They will find you and link to you. Do it for fun until that happens.

Geoff said...

And thanks re: The National. I've been obsessing over that Boxer album since i got it after your post. I'd had many recs from others but had ignored them until I read your review.

Get yourself in the Amazon Associates program. When the readers hit they want to BUY and you can make bling. I just cashed a nice $40 gift card for the last two months.