Friday, August 22, 2008

And So It Begins...



my first post... sniff... I am so choked up.

After years of reading other (far superior) blogs, I finally decided to take the plunge into the interwebs.

If this is the beginning, I guess I should at least introduce myself.

My name is John, I am a Graphic Designer / Director in New York, one of the 2 principals of The String Theory, a multidisciplinary design, animation, 3D and visual effects studio in NYC.

I am a crazy music fan, and while I imagine this blog will mostly be of music and live shows, I figure design, animation, and general media should flow pretty frequently as well.

My grammar is terrible, my spelling even wurse. But unlike Playboy, I know very well that you dear readers are not exactly here for the articles... hopefully you're here because I've been able to supply and feed you with lots of cool live concerts, rare tracks, design tips and tricks, or maybe just the occasional laugh.

I imagine I'll mostly be spreading stuff I find on other blogs, so if that's the case I'll do my best to give credit (and immense thanks) where due. My collections span 15+ years, so in slow content periods I'll dig deep and try to bring some stuff up that maybe you haven't heard in a while.

Welcome aboard, and bear with me while I get things set up... I have to figure out now how to post zips... and pictures... and link to things... Thanks again, I can't wait to see what comes of this...

5 comments:

Designerd said...

well, the comments seem to work

good job, dingus

Anonymous said...

hello? is this thing on?

Geoff said...

The Internet tubes will never be the same!

Anonymous said...

looking forward to reading and listening ... having played your wedding, and now, with your brother-in-law in the band, I feel like family ...

Designerd said...

Yeah, the ADDAMS FAMILY!!!
Welcome aboard! Now that I have a few (good?) posts under my belt, I am going to start sending the link out to friends and stuff, so if you DO have any ideas or thoughts or find some content that you think might be worth a post, PLEASE send it my way!

thanks a ton!

:) jv