Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wolf Creek - Now THAT'S more like it!



After the great review at Blog-Sothoth I was very much looking forward to seeing this one. I won't give too much away, but I WILL go on record to say that this was EXTREMELY well done. Acting was stellar. Writing was stellar. Cinematography/DP was beautiful and artistic and terrifying. I thought the pacing was fantastic, and while I knew the "twist" before renting it, I was lulled in and suckerpuncched none-the-less.

It's a shame America doesn't make horror movies like this any more. Thank god the Aussies still do! Up next (for me) is their whacked out Crocodile film... I'm not too sure about that, but I wasn't too sure about THIS one either and I was blown away.

Run, do not walk, to your video house and rent Wolf Creek.

Warning: Not for the squeamish (or cowardly).

1 comment:

Geoff said...

The fingers scene--brrrrr!