Sunday, January 18, 2009

Death Race - Rad To The Extreme



I know, I know, I know. You're thinking "How on earth could you have brought yourself to rent this? Why not get the cheese-fest classic original?"

To all you doubters out there, let me just say, i loved this movie. It so far exceeded my (albeit SMALL) expectations that I was thrilled. I've got news for you... you don't need to read this post at all... you already know if you are going to love or hate this movie. It is exactly what you hope it will be, or what you fear it will be.

IIIII found it very exciting, fantastically shot (and special effected) and loved the video game carnage and charcter motivations. The villans are BAD. the Hero is TOUGH. The sidekicks are smart and DEVIOUS. The (few) girls that are in it are used for eye candy only (a pretty serious charge one could level at the film) but it's so gleeful (and I would even say, sarcastic) about it, that I gave that a "pass" and still really had a great time. (what else would you expect from Roger Corman, anyway?)

If you think you might not like it, then you will HATE it.

But if you think you might almost like it... well, you MAY LOVE IT.

Count me in the latter group.

No comments: