Friday, October 24, 2008

Some Folks Inherit Star Spangled Eyes



This blog has been posting a lot of youtube political clips lately, so I thought it was time to steer it back (momentarily) to it's more musical pursuits. I swear, I don't think I am going to MAKE IT 12 more days... my tension/anxiety level is through the roof...

Shuffling the iPod during my nighttime walk saved the day again, when REM's cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" came up. I then remembered some great OTHER covers and collaborations I had of CCR and John Fogerty, so I thought that this election season would be a timely time to post them!

Culled here are 6 x tracks, R.E.M. (1985), Pearl Jam (Rock for Choice 2004), Foo Fighters (Hurricane Katrina Benefit), and Bruce Springsteen with John Fogerty (Rock for Choice 2004).

Download: R.E.M: Have You Ever Seen The Rain? (CCR)

Download: Pearl Jam: Fortunate Son (CCR)

Download: Foo Fighters: Born On The Bayou (CCR)

Download: Bruce Springsteen w John Fogerty (1993): Who'll Stop The Rain?

Download: Bruce Springsteen w John Fogerty (2004): Proud Mary

Download: Bruce Springsteen w John Fogerty (2004): Bad Moon Rising

And, as an added bonus for all you John Fogerty/CCR lovers out there, I have a big ol' ZIP file of a bootleg of John Fogerty "Swampfox." Unfortunately I don't have a lot of notation on it (Where? When? Setlist?) But the sound quality is A+ and the setlist is fantastic.

Here's the Zip!

Download: John Fogerty: Live "Swampfox" (zipped)

Download and enjoy!

P.S. I have a metric TON of the concerts, collabortations and rarities from the 2004 Rock For Change Tour (Bruce, PJ, REM, John Fogerty, Bonnie Raitt, the list goes on and on) so if this post proves to be a hit, let me know, and I'll dig out some other stuff and post it! Feedback is the only way I can tell who's liking what, and what more I should post!

No comments: