Monday, March 9, 2009

Bands That Are Not Cool With My Blog

Sorry Everyone

The latest post I had up for the past couple of days was a great broadcast of Kings Of Leon (broadcast in Germany)... It got removed unceremoniously by the RIAA.

This is the second time a band or the RIAA has pulled the plug on a post of mine. (the first was Snow Patrol) It's weird, because these have been RAVE posts, about my favorite new(ish) bands and I have provided links to their official sites, links to purchase the albums from amazon, And the music itself that I have posted, while of course I do not own the copyrights to, have been live performances, traded popularly online, and, in the case of Kings Of Leon, were BROACAST LIVE FOR FREE ON THE RADIO IN GERMANY. It's not like I'm posting a rip of the leaked U2 album or anything... I am trying my best to turn people on to a great band that IIIII thought could use the good word of mouth.

Oh well. It's a big machine, and that machine is broken and on fire. In honor of the RIAA, I am now adding a sidebar list of bands that yank their posts from my site.

Thanks again, RIAA. Good luck with all that.